Friday, November 16, 2007

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... Well, I drew a picture today. This is what I drew. Yeah, it's not very big is it? But I like it. I was working with a charcoal pencil and I wanted to do something with contrast. I like the eyes. They are black. Just simply black. I also thought it would be artsy and cool to only draw part of the face. That's okay, the mouth would have been really hard to draw anyway, I kept practicing it with a light pencil and I couldn't get it right, so I just dropped it completely. I do like how it turned out, though there are always things you feel like if you had done them differently the drawing would be better. I wish I could have made it so that the face doesn't look so flat.


Anyway, what thousand words can you come up with by looking at this drawing? What age is this person? What race and nationality? What is the situation? What is the person thinking? Do you see emotion in the eyes? What is the situation? Is it good, is it bad? Does the person understand what is going on? Take these questions and write a story using them. It will be fun.

Anyway. Today was good because it's Friday. (well, I guess it was technically yesterday) I keep thinking I'm going to get the chance to sleep in but that isn't likely. My old boss from when I did housekeeping is getting married, and I was thinking about going to the wedding. I don't really feel like doing much at all though. I just want to relax. Relax and crochet a baby blanket for Hannah's house. I keep thinking about some of the homework I have to do. It's nothing intense. It's actually some really good homework, but I wish I didn't have to do it. Who always wants to do homework? The funny thing is that I do want to do homework right now, but not the homework that I'll have to turn in Monday and Tuesday. Go figure. :-)

I am excited for Thanksgiving break. I am eager to go home and see my family and spend Thanksgiving with them and visit Life Bridge once again. I love that church. When I think critically about churches, Life Bridge Christian Church is the church that I imagine is most like what the church should be.

Well, that's all for tonight.

Amanda

No comments: