Saturday, December 29, 2007

I need answers

I've been a Christian for about 12 years now. I've had my share of doubts and questions and there have been numerous things that I have not understood. But I was a good little Christian girl (if you care to define what it means to be a good little Christian girl) I never really questioned my Faith very deeply. I always figured that God knew what he was doing and I wouldn't question anything, I would just take it on faith and let that be that.
But shouldn't we question our faith? I think faith only goes so far and right now I'm finding myself feeling like I've reached the end of faith and I need some answers.
It's not like I'm doubting God, I still believe in Him and my heart is bursting with love for him, but I feel like the answers to my questions could change my entire concept of God. That could be a good thing. I don't know. One of the things I have to ask myself when I have these questions is if it really matters and you know what... this one does. I think the answer to the question burning in me right now really does matter, and that's why I feel like faith isn't enough right now.

1 comment:

just me said...

I wish I had some wise words to soothe your soul, but I don't. Be glad for the process and continue to ask the questions. It's in asking them that I've found God cares the most, because when you're asking them you're actually saying, "I'm not content to be where I'm at. I want more. I need more, and I'm trusting you to give it to me no matter how difficult it might be." Keep walking pilgrim.