Monday, January 19, 2009

Musings

I had one of those dreams last night that was soooooooooooo good. It was better than reality. It was one of those dreams that when you wake up and realize it wasn't really happening you're dissapointed. It was one of those dreams that you hope and pray it does happen someday in real life. *sigh*

Anyway, my job interview was cancelled last Friday. School was closed.
I was called into to sub today for an afternoon kindergarten. I had to change diapers on five and six year olds. But it was a good day. I love this age group.

My cousins wife said that when her daughters go to preschool she wants to send them where I am because I work so well with kids, especially that age group, and both of her girls love me already. I just smiled.

One thing that makes me feel awful inside is that when I'm subbing at the special needs school, every preschool teacher expressed irritation and dislike toward their students. Last week when I was subbing for a preschool class room, it was a bit of a rough day for the kids. They were acting out and being testy. The teacher said (about me) "she'll never come back after today", and I replied that I would gladly come back any time, but I don't think the teacher believed me.

I hope that if I can get the job at the elementary school they will put me with preschool and kindergarten age. Those kids need to be loved. :-)

No comments: