Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life Bridge Alive

I've come close to posting a blog update three times since I last posted. I have deleted each one. I guess it was simply because I had nothing of any value to offer to the people who read my blog. But I guess that's okay because I don't write for people, I write for me. But despite my acceptance, I bring something for my readers today.


This is a webpage set up by the leaders (specifically, I think Pete did all/most of it) at the church I attend and each week the message for the week is posted in video format for people to watch.

In the links at http://www.lifebridgealive.com/  you can also go to the section that says walk and there are devotions written by members of the church. I think all devotion authors are Bridge Builders or higher, or in other words, they have gone through processes to become leaders within the church, if that matters to you.  I've also written a few of the devotions, so go check them out.

I just read the one for today (January 12) and I though Sara did an excellent job. Her words and ideas are simply profound.

Anyway, I've been counting my blessings, and I know that I am so blessed to be a part of a church that thinks critically about how to empower people to grow as (and to be) Disciples of Christ. That's something that seemed to be missing from many of the churches I visited in the Northwest while on tour. (And I know those churches aren't in-effective, they're just not there yet.)

In other news, I switched my cell phone service to T-mobile and I'm getting a much better deal, (500 any time minutes and unlimitted nights/weekends, texting, and internet for only $60 a month) I really think AT&T was ripping me off.

I also bought a laptop.  :-) I hope this laptop empowers me to communicate with family, friends, and Life Bridge more effectively. I am hoping to be able to write more devotions for the website and more childrens curriculum or what ever I may need it for. Thank you God for this blessing.

No comments: