Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crash and Burn...

Well, I talked to my grandma, Dale, Rita and Doreen about my cousin Erica and found out what happened and how things are going now.

My cousin Erica had a seizure while giving her daughter a bath last night, and Doreen heard the baby screaming and went into the bathroom to find Erica between the tub and the toilet. She had a seizure, vomitted all over herself, wasn't breathing and had started turning purple. Dale checked for a pulse and there was a faint one. They called 911 and an ambulance came but no one was allowed to go in the ambulance with her. When they got to the hospital they found that Erica had 'died' in the ambulance and was 'dead' for 10 minutes before they hooked her up to life support. They believe she's suffered extensive brain damage.

Since last night they've transferred her to Porter Memorial Hospital, but there has been no change since last night and they don't believe she is going to make it and are preparing themselves for a funeral.

I fear she may already gone and life support is just keeping the body functioning. I hope I'm wrong.

But, I have peace, and I hope and pray that God gives peace to Doreen and the rest of the family.

Since they're at Porter now, I'm going try to go visit when my parents get back from the Aldi.

No comments: