Tuesday, December 2, 2008

America the Greedy; the greed epidemic

It might just be that I've never noticed it like this before, but it seems like there is more greed and selfishness than I can recall.

It bothered me last Friday when I heard about the worker who was trampled to death at Walmart. It bothered me even more when I was told the next day that a woman was trampled and lost her baby. And it bothered me today when I read that there are a lot of people who want to hold Walmart responsible for it.

Seems to me if greed were not in the hearts of those who broke down the doors, then the worker and the woman (and the other two people) would not have been trampled.

I was told that the day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday because it's the one day out of the year that stores actually make a profit (which I don't believe at all, otherwise half of the top ten richest people in the US wouldn't be Walmart heirs), but I really believe that Black Friday is called Black Friday because this is the day that exposes the blackness of societies hearts.

It's more than just Black Friday and shoppers though.
From consumerism to credit card debt greed and selfishness really do seem to be more prevalent.


From what I've been learning about the economic crisis, I have to pinpoint that it's because of greed.

God help me to be done with my own personal selfishness and greed.

No comments: