Sunday, June 21, 2009

This week I hung out with my Grandma May, Aunt Candace, and cousins' Rachel and Cheyenne. I spent the night with them, went to the beach, a birthday party, beach again, and Baily Homestead.

We had a homeward bound moment when our Chow, Rusty, got out of the yard and was gone for a few hours. He came home to us about 12 hours later.

I spend about half of my day outside doing something, picking berries, watering/weeding my flower garden, walking around mindlessly... and the other half inside on the computer improving my typing skills at www.goodtyping.com, teaching myself spanish at www.studyspanish.com, listening to a Bible podcast on iTunes, and playing around at addictinggames.com or on facebook. Not real productive.

I should spend time in purposeful prayer and study of the Bible, practice my guitar, clean the house, excercise, play with the animals, write letters of encouragement to friends, do something to bless the neighbors...

I should be more proactive and less reactive. Instead of sitting around and waiting for someone to respond to my applications I should be making calls and looking for more places to put applications in.

Lot's of shoulds. Overwhelming.

Such is life.

No comments: