Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The journey of a thousand mile begins with... Camfel Productions!

Okay, the plane ticket has been bought so I guess it's official enough to blog about now. 
I am not coming home early even though my tour is done right now. I am going to stay in Irwindale (probably doing office work and local/Northern Cal shows) until December 19. Then on December 19 I will fly to South Dakota where my tour partner for next semester, Katey, will pick me up from the airport. I guess we will finish up the tour in South Dakota on Dec. 23, then make a 14 hour drive (or split it between the 23rd and 24th) back to my house where my parter will drop me off then drive another four hours to her house to be home on December 24th.
Then on January 24th, she will pick me up at my house and we will start our tour in the MIDWEST!!!! Woohooo!!!! Our first show will be in Illinois. Works for me. :-)

So guess what! Yesterday, I went to a Chinese church. :-) Michelle and I are still in the San Jose/Santa Clara area and so Saturday night I was looking for a church and I found one that sounded cool. It was called River of Life Christian Church. The website had Mandarin Characters on it but it was also in English and had an English service so i thought, "Cool".  Then Michelle and I showed up and all we saw were Chinese people and Michelle mused aloud as to whether we would be the only white people there.  We weren't. There were like... 4 others, but I thought it was an incredibly neat experience to go to this church. I think it had over 1000 people there. I kind of wanted to sit in the service where the preacher was speaking mandarin (I'm kind of afraid i'm saying/spelling that wrong) just to see how different the worship style and service style is.
Anyway, while we were in the English service they asked all the new people to raise their hand, so I did and everyone came and greeted Michelle and I and shook our hands and gave us a welcome packet. I loved how friendly they were, and I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable being one of the few "white" people in the midst of so many Asians. It was AWESOME!

Well, that's all I have for an update today. :-)

2 comments:

Envelope Printing | UPrinting.com said...

Sound like you had a blast of an experience there. Well, it is really amazing to go out and try to see other culture. The knowledge and experience waiting to be discovered is amazing and awesome.

Amanda said...

It has been. I was told before I left that I would meet all sorts of freaks, but it seems that the freakiest person I've had to deal with is myself, lol. It's been a lot of fun.