Tuesday, March 26, 2013

They're just words, right?

Wow, did I really have over 20 hits on my blog yesterday?  About a quarter of them are always for a post I made on 'submission'. I get hits on my blog for that post every day. I know I've commented on that fact several times now, but it still suprises me and somewhat un-nerves me. 

I think the reason for that is this: larger my audience is, the more I feel the weight of the need for the things I say and do to reflect God accurately.  Get what I'm saying?    My thoughts on this blog are not private. People read them.  Apparently, quite a few people are reading them.  My words hold weight.  They have the power to influence people in many ways if people actually listen to them. 

Proverbs 18:21 tells us that the power of life and death is in the tongue.   I believe the word tongue could very easily be a word used to mean our words, our tone, and the meaning behind it all. Kind of all encompassing in a sense... 

The question comes to mind... is what I'm saying bringing life or death to people?  Are my words on their screen leading them closer to God?  or further away from him?

There may be nothing wrong with the blogpost I made on submission, but just the mere fact that I have an audience for that particular post makes me want to be absolutely sure. Not just sure about that post, but all the posts I make.

So with that in mind, I think I'm going to spend a little more time thinking about the post I originally intended to make when signed on.

No comments: