Friday, February 22, 2019

How I almost accidentally just killed myself with a candle

So almost a year ago I purchased the movie War Room. It was something I've wanted to see when it first came out, but it came out shortly after my ex dumped me, and I had heard there was something about infidelity in it and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.   It probably would have been good for me to watch it anyway, but you know how those things go. 

Well, I finally watched it in December with my sister in law, Victoria.  And I was, of course, inspired.  I have a small walk in closet, I thought this would be great to turn into my own "war room" of sorts.  So I started that process almost 2 months ago. It's just big enough to put a bean bag chair in, and I'd like to get a small book shelf for my bible and supplies.   My war room isn't as used as I would like it to be, but I'm slowing working my way towards that.   I live by myself, so it's like, who's going to bother me?  But it's nice that it's a private place.

So anyway, I went into my war room tonight and I spent some time praying and then I started reading my bible.  I should probably mention that prior to going into my room for my god time, I lit a candle and put it in my closet. Mostly to combat any smell my dirty clothes might emit. LOL

So it didn't take long for me being in there to start feeling tired. I thought it was weird that I was struggling to keep my eyes open.  After I finally finished reading the passage I leaned back and closed my eyes hoping maybe a cat nap might refresh me.   But I looked at my phone.  11:59pm, It was way too early for me to feel this kind of tired.  And my heart was racing.  For the love of God, why was my heart racing?   And I was getting a bit of a dull headache in my forehead.

In my groggy state, I looked over at my wonderfully scented candle....

Then I blew it out and flung the door to my closet open. 

It only took a few minutes for the sleepiness to go away and for my heart to stop racing.   I still have a bit of a dull headache though.  Mostly just pressure, though, not pain.  But I'm sitting in my living room with my ceiling fan circulating air, and no candles burning.

I chastise myself for not thinking about the consequences of lighting a candle in a 5x5 room with no circulation and closing the door.  I won't be doing that again.

And thank God for not letting me fall asleep.  That candle would have continued to burn for 8 hours.  And who knows how much CO and CO2 would have been produced.

Anyway, mistakes made, lessons learned,  and I am still alive and that is all I can hope for.

No comments: