Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Simplicity

Well, today seems like a good day for an update. This week has been interesting. Some things have happened that I'll write about in my personal journal instead of in this blog. I am really really really really really (how long should I go on?) really really really really really tired. Last night, and the night before, I have had trouble sleeping. I've been in this state where I feel that I'm almost there, like I might fall asleep at any moment... but the moment never comes. I tried to take a nap twice today, but the same thing happened. I couldn't fall asleep. So right now I'm having a little bit of trouble focusing my eyes, so I had to pull out my glasses. Oh yes.... My glasses, lovely. Normally they make the world look kind of surreal, but they're actually helping right now.
Outside of all that, the weather is kind of chilly right now (but that's okay, I love slightly chilly weather!). I'm tempted to put on some compfy pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt and a blankie and go sit outside and do my reading. Yes, in the dark and cold. Or I just might just curl up with a blanket inside. Who knows.
I still have to get in six hours of work this week. I want to try to get 10 because I'll get more money to do stuff besides pay my expenses. For example, hang out with my friends at Steak-n-shake, go to the movies, go camping, etc.
Let's have a serious moment and talk about something I've been thinking about lately. Sometimes I feel like life just goes by too fast. We live in a fast paced world. We have to get this done, and that done, and go here and there, and accompolish so many things. We just do and do and do and do without hardly ever stopping to breathe or take a moment to realize that the sun is shining and that God is so good. My life is characterized by School, homework, work, time with friends, activities, and so much junk. I just want simplicity. I want to feel free to take an hour and just sit somewhere and crochet. Except for a few things (like checking my email 6 times a day) the things I do are not bad in and of themselves, it's just there's a lot. I pray that God teaches me what I can cut out of my life and do just what's important.

That is my desire.

No comments: