Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How weird, my last entry posted for Saturday instead of Sunday when I actually wrote it. Anyway. I had to update today because God's grace to me this week has been absolutely incredible.
When I got back from Fall Break I was really overwhelmed with some of the things I realized that I had to do thi week. I had three things I had to do for today, including a test which I never did study for (but I only missed 9 question out of, I think 33, so it's still a passing grade which I think is pretty swell for not studying at all). But I also had to finish writing my youth sermon, plus work 6 hours minimum this week,plus a project for L&AinYM (due Friday), plus do a group project for the Saturday Seminar (due Friday) and write a paper for the Saturday Seminar (due Friday also) and meet with my partner for our interpersonal comm research project (some part of it is due Friday), and I was so overwhelmed knowing that I do not have the time or patience or sanity to get all of this done, let alone do it well, so I was pretty stressed. And it didn't really help that I tried to register for my classes and found out that I have a hold on my account because I still owe money to Bethel because a parent loan my parents weren't even technically supposed to have to get because my EFC number on my FAFSA was zero hadn't gone through yet. Poo! Not only had the loan not gone through, but the school wouldn't even give my parents the ammount they requested so once it does go through I will still owe over $300 out of pocket. STUPID!!! Anyway, I suppose it's been needless to say that I've been pretty darn stressed. So this morning I got up at 6:30am and went to breakfast where I read my Bible and ate a nice hardy meal. Then I went to the Shiloh Prayer Chapel and talked silently to God and sat in what I believe was His presense. I felt much better going into the day and I went back to my room, tried to work on homework that was due today (wednesday, but I suppose it's after midnight, huh?) but I didn't accomplish much because I was exhausted, so I tried to get a littlemore sleep in and couldn't fall asleep. I think it was because I knew my alarm clock would be going off soon. So I got up and went to take Chapel attendance (sometime I wish I didn't have that job, but it's an easy way to make money without causing too much interuption to my schedule).
The Gospel Choir, Undignified Praise, sang in chapel today. During the second song I could imagine Jesus dancing in the aisles and enjoying the praise. It made me smile. Neither Christine nor Naomi showed up to chapel. Shame Shame. It was a task force chapel. I wonder if I'll ever go on a task force trip. After chapel, Dr. Pennix approached me, said hi and asked if he would be seeing me in voice lessons next semester. I said probably because so far I only have 14 credit hours that I'm planning to do. After Chapel I skipped lunch and came back to my room to try to do more with my homework and print it up. I checked my email and Dr. Brandt had emailed our L&AinYM class saying that the project due Friday is now due on Monday instead. So I went to classes feeling quite literally much lighter, as though a huge heavy burden was lifted off of me. So I get to my last class and finally it's over and I run back to my room because I heard something about the seminar stuff that's due and I checked my email. It turns out that both seminar projects are now not due until Wednesday. It was a PRAISE JESUS moment!!! Again, a burden was just lifted off of me, and suddenly everything else that sucks just isn't so bad anymore.
Well, I need to go to bed, so I'll update another time.

Amanda

No comments: