Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy November!
I know it's after 2am, but there's something about it being November that makes me feel good. November is a special month, I can't really tell what it is that makes it special (well, there's Thanksgiving and my birthday, but it's something different than those), but it is.
I had a good night tonight. My heavy work just sort of ended for a moment yesterday. I finished the final assignment for my Saturday seminar. Now I just sit back and hope I passed. Some of the stress from this semester so far is leaving me. Yesterday someone asked me how I was doing, and I sighed and said I was relieved. Then she said it sounds like I've been having a rough semester because every time she's asked me how I'm doing, I sigh, and never tell her I'm doing great. Well, God has sustained me, and I hope that things can get a little easier from here now that I don't have to worry about Saturday Seminar stuff. But that's not to say that the work for the Saturday Seminar was the sole reason for my stress either, because it wasn't.
I've been discovering a lot about myself lately. At least since I've decided to go ahead and pursue a degree in Youth Ministry. (I've not actually made the official switch yet, my major is still Christian Ministry). I really feel like I'm headed in the right direction, I didn't feel that way when I was studying Christian Ministry, although I do not regret taking the time to study it. I think it will help me my future. And I believe the classes I take for Youth Ministry will always be essential no matter what I end up doing or where I end up in my life. But really, I feel like I'm discovering the heart God has given me for ministry, I am not without direction anymore. and I am so happy, even though this is sooooo much work.
Dr. Brandt expects a lot out of us as his students. But I'm not discouraged, I am determined and excited that he will help develop me into an effective youth minister.
I think I'm going to write Josh a letter sometime soon.(youth minister, Josh).
Well, as far as updates go, that's enough for tonight because I am sleepy. I'll tell more later.

Amanda

No comments: