Sunday, November 11, 2007

Victory in Jesus

Well, I have the intentions of writing every two or three days, but I guess I don't really think much about it lately. They say no news is good news... whatever. I like hearing news even more when it's good news and no news drives me nuts. Anyway, what has been up in my life recently? Well, November is still a great month. I still feel like my world is right side up, although I do wish that I would have planned ahead a little more instead of allowing myself to crash for two weeks. But it shouldn't cause me too much trouble, just a late night or two.
I was trained for data entry, so hopefully this week I'll be able to get in a few extra hours. I've been trying to work at least 10 hours every week so I have about a $100 paycheck every two weeks. It's been a bit of a stretch this semester to try to pay SLE dues and my cell phone bill. That's not including expenses for laundry and toiletries. I also have a few things to buy for my classes, I need to pay Scott a few dollars for buying the CD's for Effective Teaching, I need to pay Kari for ordering my Book for Effective Teaching, I need to pay Naomi my part of the child sponsorship she and Katie and I are doing, I need to buy a 4 inch binder for L&A. If I make about $200 a month Im sure I can get everything I need and maybe be able to save some and do some of the ministry projects I've been wanting to do.
I'm excited about the ministry projects. They're nothing huge, but I want to do them anyway. One of the things I'd like to do is simply to leave a waitress a HUGE tip (like a $50 tip for something that cost $5, or something similar) with a note that says "the greatest among you must be a servant, for who ever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself with be exalted (Mt. 23:11-12). Thanks for humbling yourself and serving us tonight. "
I think one of the things that gets to me about evangelism is that some evangelistics give waiters and waitresses religious tracks instead of a tip. If I were a waitress, that would turn me off to the gospel. I think if you're going to leave a religious track, then you'd better leave a pretty hefty tip, and when I say hefty, I mean HUGE. (for those of you who are wondering, no, I've never been a waitress).
I wonder how long Operation Christmas Child is going to go for because I want to make a shoe box gift, but I have to wait until payday and if it's ending this week, I can't start in until Thursday. It may have to be turned in Friday. I'll have to double check.
Well thats all for today.

Love
Amanda

No comments: