Monday, February 11, 2008

So I read a portion of my roommates book....

The book is called Dateable. And basically, I've concluded that I am not dateable. There are a few things in the book that I disagree with, although, there was a lot that I did agree with. So go figure, it's the things I don't agree with that make me "undateable".
But hear me out. The things I disagreed with were things like the guy should always pay, and the guy should always pick the girl up (like for the date).
Tonight I was in a sexual assualt seminar, my college required all resident students to attend it, but anyway, the seminar made me think back to this book.
Most date rapes and sexual assaults are committed by someone who knows the victim. So what I was thinking was, why would I give a guy so much control as to let him pick me up and drop me off. I'm totally dependent on him, once I get into a car with someone, he basically has control over whether I stay or go back home.
It's just things like that. I'm an independent woman, unless I know you really well, I'm not fond of getting into a car with a male (Although I am well aware that men are not the only offenders).

So aside from the seminar and the book and my thoughts on it. Things have been going relatively well. My classes are going well, I'm... well, I'm not really getting that much sleep, but I'm still trying to be as cheerful as I can in spite of it. I'm also thinking about auditioning for one of the little plays that my college has the theatre students direct, it's called The shape of Things. I might do some research on it.

I'm pretty weary of the things I'm posting so publicly, I don't know who may or may not be secretly watching my blog, so i'm going to defintely watch what I post. By the way, I'd been thinking about that way before the seminar, the seminar just topped it off.

That's all for the current.

No comments: