Sunday, September 14, 2008

The rain came down,
The flood waters rose,
And God provided. YES!

The rain this week has been crazy. Bethel is flooding! I took this picture about an hour ago. If the rain keeps up the way it has been, the sidewalk is going to disappear in the middle there. See the tree in the pond? Usually the water doesn't go past that.





When I got home from camping today I discovered that my room flooded. Yep. My room at Bethel. Is God preparing me to live in an area where there is a consistent rainy season? Or maybe he's just baptizing the campus. haha.

Despite the rain, camping was kind of fun. We had a dry patch yesterday so we went hiking and ended up walking for 3 1/2 hours and covered nearly 6 miles. But that's what happens when you get lost.

Yay for pictures!!!









So we've got our tent and tarps set up.











And we went grocery shopping. The next picture is from our hike, great water from that fountain.

You gotta love Katie's sense of adventure. And Trapp thought he would sacrifice Maggie.

I would love to post the rest of the pictures, but that would take forever with the way blogspot has you upload them.

I had to do laundry when I got back to Bethel, and I couldn't wait until I get my paycheck on Sept. 30, so I washed my clothes by hand. It took about 3 hours just to wash. I had a dollar, so I just put them in the drier.

But I know how to beat the system now! I think if I wash one outfit per day, then they will have time to dry without putting them in the drier and without taking up too much space. :-)

No comments: