Monday, September 8, 2008

Spiritual Emphasis Week

Today starts Spiritual Emphasis Week. I've spent some time praying for the campus, the speaker, and the whole of this week and between random flu like symptoms, nightmares, and sleepless nights, I am starting the week at my weakest, most humble point. That's a good place to start, huh?


Our speaker for the week is John Vermilya.


He works with Kingdom Building Ministries, and I thought that was awesome. This morning, since I showed up to Chapel early to take attendance (I wonder what Jesus would say about me working that Job), and I said hello to him and that I wanted to let him know that I have been praying for him.





He had a good message today, I mean, for starting out the week. It feels like he sort of jumped into it, holding nothing back, speaking the truth that God gave him. I can't wait to hear what message God has given him for this campus.





It feels like this week is going to be one that stretches me a lot, and that is excluding anything to do with God's workings during Spiritual Emphasis Week. There's just a lot going on, and I'm already exhausted because I didn't sleep a wink last night. Boo. I left my house at 9:10 am today. The next time I will probably set foot in it again will be around 10:30pm tonight.



I do have a roommate now. Neisha did move in with me instead of staying upstairs, but she's gone so much, that it's like having my own room. I guess I'm okay with that.



Oh, and I guess that people seem to think I'm weird because they figure out that I'm the one who does things like these:




(my Housemates loved this one)



(It was just a little container of Cheerios, but I do what I can to make people smile)
S00n, I would like to blog a little bit more about some of the fascinating discussion we have in class.

No comments: