Thursday, March 5, 2009

Money. The trap for humanity...

I just finished filling out the FAFSA and my EFC number is Zero. The whole FAFSA thing is interesting because for the first three years my EFC number was zero, then it was one hundred something, then it was two thousand something and now it's zero again. I guess the current state of the economy is making it so I need more help paying for college. However, it was stupid that my EFC was ever above even one thousand to begin with. I think that was a mistake.

You know what, I think the government has too much control. I've been thinking about all the taxes we are charged. They took almost 25 percent of my last paycheck! It was rediculous! I think it's one of those things that probably sneaks up on you gradually.

Stupid taxes. We're taxed on land, houses, income, products... The government is stepping in and taking the money and they just keep wanting more and more, and it drives me crazy because I work hard for the money I earn and it's not even enough to live on before taxes!
But give to Ceasar what is Ceasars, right?


I can only imagine what I would do if I lost both of my parents and had to survive without them right now. I would probably have 3 jobs and still barely be able to meet my most basic needs. So much for independence, huh? Every day I long to be back in Elementary school. Elementary school wasn't exactly a cakewalk, but I was pretty ignorant about the things Im thinking about now.

So avoidance is my desired method of dealing with it... what am I going to do to deal with it for real. I don't know.

No comments: