Friday, March 6, 2009

Sexting

The new thing with teens these days is sexting. I don't quite know what that is, but I assume it's phone sex through texting. I just saw something on MSNBC News that an 18 year old girl commited suicide over this sexting thing. She sent a nude picture of herself to her boyfriend. He took the picture and sent it to hundreds of other people. The students at her school harrassed her mercilessly, calling her a whore and other things. She started skipping school and her life was on a downward spiral, and she killed herself.

I hate the way that sex is no longer a sacred intimate act, because i think this girl could have avoided a lot of pain and suffering. But it also iiritates me that teens can be so cruel and awful towards one another. Love covers a multitude of sins.

No comments: