Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October. Wow. The new month brings thoughts of a new start, chances to better than i did last month, opportunities to grow as a person spiritually, emotionally, and vocationally. October brings cooler weather. It snowed for about half an hour last night. I don't remember when i last saw snow in October. I've started reading a book called Crazy Love written by Francis Chan and this book, though it's so simple is incredibly profound. He you've ever been a Christian who wanted to live radically for Christ but for what ever reason the ember burning within you got smothered and your life is nothing more than trying to survive from day to day, them this is a book that reignites passion and reminds you that you have a purpose. This book reminds you that God wasn't made for you, but rather you were made for God. It puts life back into perspective. It's not about me or my pleasures. I may never be written about as an example or living radically for Christ and i may never be written about as a hero of the holy life but i can live my life so profoundly for Christ that it is something worth writing about. I don't need to be remembered. i want to live my life in such a way and represent God in such a way that When people leave my presence the only thing they know or remember is that they met with God that day. I don't mean that in a pagan way. I just want it to be about God and not about this really radical girl they met. God is so much cooler than I am.

1 comment:

Print Brochures said...

Wow, I really admire your dedication and faith. I do agree that everyone of us should represent God in every way we can. :)