Friday, May 6, 2011

Overwhelming Sacrifice

Well, my boss for Kidstop, Mary,  offered me a job for the fall as the Kindergarten Site Director. I wanted this job and I had to turn it down because I also want to keep my position in the art room, and the two positions have the potential to overlap.    I am also working for Opportunity Enterprise. I forget how long I've been working there because I haven't had a day off since I've started working there. (I miss having days off from working).

Between the Boys and Girls Club and Opportunity Enterprise, I'm working about 57 hours a week. I'm getting a paycheck every week right now, but they are so small, that they hardly seem rewarding, even though I know that in the timespan of a month, I'm making more than double what I made before I started with OE.

I'm also giving up my morning position at South Haven when the school year ends because I can't handle starting work at 6:30am.  It breaks my heart.

I got my work Schedule for the OE Group Home today and I'm scheduled to work during the time that Im supposed to be at church.  That breaks my heart more.

I hope the sacrifices I am making now can help me to solve some of my problems and maybe in the future sacrifices like the ones I'm making now won't be necessary.

No comments: