Monday, May 9, 2011

Venting

When the simplicity of life is gone, so is it's innocence.


No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. (Matthew 6:24a)

The only thing I can say to that is Amen! Between my two employers (and three jobs) I feel like the harlot running between her lovers trying to please them both.

Pretty graphic image, huh? It sucks. Only, I do not love one and hate the other, and I'm not devoted to one while I despise the other. Actually... I kind of despise both of them (and I hate that I feel that way). Right now they are like crying babies, and they both want 100 percent of me, right now.

I turned down the Kindergarten Site Director position for kidstop because I said I waited a long time for the art room position and the two jobs overlapped. I have been filled with great sadness since I turned the position down. I told Mary when I first started working for Kidstop that I wanted a position in the kindergarten room if one ever became available. Now that it's available, I turned it down. If it weren't already too late, maybe I would reconsider, even though I love working in the art room. But I know that someone else has already talked to my boss about the job, so it's not an option and I shouldn't think about it anymore.

On the other hand, I love working with the clients for OE. They are fun, and hilarious, and I feel really good about what I'm doing.... but I don't think I can handle being degraded and critisized incessantly from one particular co-worker. I don't want to leave the BGC to work just for OE, but I especially don't want to do that if that's going to be my experience.

I feel like I'm running on Empty.
I haven't had a day off of work since I started working for OE.

Trying to reconcile and work out my schedules to accomodate both employers to the fullest extent of their expectations is stressing me out.

I'm feeling burdened by the needs of my household to continue to survive, hearing one person say this bill is due and they are X amount of dollars short, or that we don't have money for groceries, or that that bill needs to be paid by X date or it will get shut off, or that the hot water heater broke, or that the faucet in the sink broke, or that the roof in someone's room is leaking because of the rain. Call me selfish, but it bugs me that I live like a guest in this house, but because I have the money now to help get these things paid or fixed, I feel obligated to spend my earnings taking care of everyone elses problems rather than securing or preparing to better my own future.

I feel like the future is only going to get harder, and my life will never change.

I feel like I can't have the things I want in life.

But probably the worst of it all is that I feel completely and utterly alone in all of it. Where are my friends? I can't even talk to my family about my frustrations because they don't want to hear me "b*tching about how life sucks." I'm trying to be understanding because to them hearing me complain is like me hearing them talk about the needs of the household.

Sigh

No comments: