Saturday, June 11, 2011

Alabama... Indiana, what's the difference?

I had such a wonderful, incredible, spiritually rich, restful, refreshing, enjoyable time in Alabama with my friend Stephanie and her husband Chris.  I started my journey to Alabama just before 6 am (to beat rush hour) and got there just before 9pm (because I hit rush hour in Birmingham, lol).  When I arrived I was greeted with a great big hug from Stephanie and Chris.  They served me tea, and we talked for an hour or so, and then showed me where I would be sleeping, which happened to be a guest room all to myself!  Stephanie had left a gift for me on the pillow of the bed, a framed picture of her and I from her wedding, and a beatiful red box with one of the bible times oil lamps from the wedding (as a sort of gift with meaning since I was the one who lit the candles, lanterns, and oil lamps that represented different aspects of being the bride of Christ.)   

I went to bed that night feeling like I could start relaxing. And I did. And I slept really well. The next morning I awoke, dressed, brushed my teeth, pulled out my Bible and read. Shortly afterward, I left the guestroom and was greeted by Stephanie with a hug.  I helped Stephanie make breakfast for the two of us while she shared her morning devotions with me. (turns out, that day was pentecost((when they recieved the spirit))and the jewish calendar celebrates the first fruit harvests, and they had a tradition of tieing a red ribbon or string around the first of their fruits to bloom and dedicated them to the Lord), so after we ate, Stephanie showed me her garden and we tied red string around the first and best fruits. After this, we packed a picnic lunch and I went with Stephanie to run some quick errands for her mom, after the errands, we ate our picnic at a park, walked in a dry riverbed, took some pictures, got smoothies, then went to Bible Study (which served dinner in a small, poor community of dedicated Christ-followers).

After Bible Study Chris, Stephanie, and I went back to their house, looked at photo albums from Bethel, talked about the wedding and how people are doing, and ended up going to bed close to midnight. I went to bed and again, had a good nights rest (but a few strange dreams, lol). Thursday I slept a little late and Stephanie came into the room about 9:30 when I was getting dressed and gave me a huge hug. Then we ate breakfast and painted until Chris came home from his dentist appointment. We ate homemade pizza for lunch, and painted a little more, then went to see Pirates of the Carribean 4, had smoothies and then came back to their place, did some more painting, and they had a guest come over and we had dinner, relaxed, painted, shared about life with one another, and went to bed expressing that I did not want to leave and Stephanie did not want me to go and actually tried to convince me to stay another day.

Friday morning we got up, had breakfast, and went to a statepark, walked around, took pictures, and I left around 10am.   I got back home just before midnight.

It was such a good week!

So now I'm back home, and guess what. It's been less than a whole day and I'm already incredibly stressed out.

I had to work at 7am to 1pm so I could go to Josh and Kim's wedding, but I got off of work late and ended up being late to the wedding, and missed half of it. 
But to add to this, I left my manager a sheet of paper detailing my availability for the summer, and  it turns out that she must not have followed it because she scheduled me to work 2pm to 10pm on Thursday and Friday, when I am supposed to be working for the boys and girls club until 5pm on Thursday and Friday. Furthermore, she is probably going to be very upset when I tell her that I can't work until after 5pm because she is the only other person scheduled for 2pm-4pm on Thursday, and only one other person is scheduled on friday from 2pm-4pm.  I am anticipating a lecture or a guilt trip, neither of which I am prepared to deal with, despite the fact that I gave her my summer availability and she ignored it (apparently).  *Sigh*

Stephanie made mention of me moving to Alabama as a possibility for my future. I would seriously consider it.

I'm also seriously re-considering my position with Opportunity Enterprise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your trip went so well, sis. I prayed that it would. I've also been praying for His leading and your wisdom regarding the job situations. I'm glad you experienced a season of peace.