Monday, June 20, 2011

Impatient

It's funny, you know... I've thought that maybe God was trying to teach me patience (among other things) with everything I've been in the waiting period for lately, and I laugh as I think about it because right now at this very moment, I am feeling quite impatient.  It's also funny because I can be and generally am a very patient person. But I'm feeling quite impatient right now.

I'm feeling impatient because I have stuff sitting outside my house that I need to bring to the apartment I'm moving into and I want to do it tonight. But in all fairness, the weather channel is calling for a chance of rain tonight, and I don't want the mattress to get wet.

I had found a bedroom set for $100 on craiglist.com that had a bed frame, 2 dressers and a night stand.  I emailed the people and they had already sold it.  So I was like okay and I figured maybe I should wait on the dressers bed frame and such and just sleep on a mattress on the floor until I could buy one from walmart. But then I thought, I will go see if anyone posted anything new on craigslist, and I found a listing for a dresser, bedframe, and a small 2 shelf bookshelf (about the size of a night stand) and I sent the people an email.  I got a call later that day and found out it was the same people who were selling the other bedroom furniture! 

The woman said they were selling her mom's stuff. (I don't know if her mom died or if something else happened.) But this set was only $60 and the woman gave me a mattress and a box spring for the bedframe, and she gave my dad(he was picking it up since I had to work today) 5 plants for me (on the phone we had talked about how we love to take care of plants).  It was pretty exciting because it was a surprise to me.

Anyway, all that aside, This morning I went to work, because we had a vacation with the clients and we had to leave early and I said I would go. I was working for an hour by myself so during that time (after I finished brushing teeth and other needs) I sat down at the kitchen table to read my devotion and one of the higher functioning clients came over and asked me to read them to him. So I did. I read the Scripture, then I read the thoughts that went with it. :-)  I don't know how much of it he understood, but I found it really exciting that he wanted to be involved. 

More another day. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like He's working it all out. Remember, patience is nothing more than aligning our expectations with His plan. :)