Thursday, June 23, 2011

Flesh eating bacteria?

RasIm getting excited to read my devotions each morning because it seems like everyday God gives me something to think about or confirms something I was already thinking about I find that exciting. I think about the devotions and I feel the desire to go deeper. But that's pretty much it. I have not been acting on it. I don't know why. I could blame it on a busy life I guess... I could just try harder... I could ... Do any number of things... But maybe I should pray through it. I will ask God to give me desire that compels me to action.

On the other hand, my boss has been a lot nicer to me, but she is still so unorganized. I should really start praying for her consistently. I did like twice, and i tried to not to ask God to make her a better person, I asked God to help her through stressful times, and to show me ways I can be helpful to her.

And... I may have MRSA. You know, the super bacteria that is now resistant to most antibiotics and has been the cause of several deaths in the U.S. ... Yeah.. That. It could be cellulitis, or any number of things, but I have this huge knot, like an abcess on my upper left side of my abdomen with a small hole in it. It started on monday as a really small pimple like bump, only it was clearly not a pimple, it was a small bump with pus, no bigger than the pointed part of a carpenters nail. I saw it, rubbed my hand over it and it popped, but it didnt ooze pus, it bled slighty. I tried to squeeze it a little... Just blood. So I thought nothing of it. The next day, suddenly it was turning red and a bump the side of a quarter had started under the skin. By the end of the night the bump was the size of a silver dollar. I showed it to my mom, and she said it could be an ingrown hair. So I was like okay and decided to just keep an eye on it. This morning it was even bigger and since noon it has nearly doubled in size. It is painful to do anything that puts pressure on it or moves it, so bending over, walking, sitting... All painful. I showed the lump to one of my coworkers and she said " oh f*** that looks like MRSA." I almost started crying right there because one of our clients does have MRSA in his urine and we have to handle his urine because he has a catheter. I always wear gloves and wash my hands, but is that enough?

So, im opting to get it checked out, especially since it is highly contagious if it is MRSA. But on the plus side, if it is MRSA, my employer should take care of the bill. On the down side, once you get it, you are a carrier for life, just like with the herpes virus.

I spent my first night in the new apartment last night. I slept so well! And I woke up so happy. I hope this works out.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about the MRSA, sis. I'm praying for your complete healing.