Sunday, June 8, 2008

I feel so awkward

Stuck in the middle between two age groups, not really fitting with either one, disconnected from the very few people who are my age... I just feel like I'm in an awkward stage. When am I not in an awkard stage? My entire life I've felt like I didn't fit in for some reason.

Differences in age, income, waist size, religious belief/practice, social group, and so on, the list goes on.

As Peter writes in his first letters, he continually refers to God's elect, followers of Christ, as aliens and strangers in a foreign land. I feel like it... like a stranger... I feel like this world is not my home. I have no desire to fit in with the world, but I gotta be honest, it bothers me when I feel like I don't fit in with other Believers. But more than not fitting in, I'm bothered that age, income, weight, practices and such still matter.

No comments: