Thursday, June 5, 2008

If you are trying to get a headache or to make yourself feel sick to your stomach, play this game
http://www.addictinggames.com/theepilepsygame.html


If you want to be part of the problem play this game:
http://www.addictinggames.com/burgertycoon.html

I found it sad that I was making incredible profit in the game and the executives kept telling me to increase my profit margins because growth wasn't sufficient. Oh the greed...

I wrote a poem for my cousin Rebecca, but the truth is that I find myself able to identify strongly with the first four lines

A heart lies shattered on a dirty floor

Won't pick up the peices, theres no point anymore

I just want all this pain to end

Why fix a broken heart so it can break again?

I think the part I relate to the most is the question in the last line: "Why fix a broken heart so it can break again?" That's the question, huh? Why do we continually allow ourselves to be in a place where we get our hearts broken? This encompasses so much more than romance.

Why does a mother have a child when she knows that the child is going to move out in 18 years? Why do people get married when they know that eventually one of them is going to die? Why do people become friends knowing that not all friendships will last forever?

Why is the joy of love so much greater than the pain of a broken heart? Though I resist it... consciously and subconsciously... I can't stop it from happening in my own life. I want to love, I just don't want to hurt.

But we are called to love. It's what sets us apart and tells the world that we are Christs disciple. We love when other love us, we love when they hate us, we love them when they're the same as us and when they're different. We love because He first loved us. We love even when it hurts, we love to the point of death. How radical... This is what it is to die to self.

Think of John 13:34,35, Jesus' command to the disciples to love. It's surrounded with death.
Isn't that amazing, we, as disciples of Christ can say "I am willing to die because I love you" and Jesus turns to us and says "I already have" :-)

You know.. I feel that I'm not afraid to love anymore.

No comments: