Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waiting for the Kingdom

Okay, so I definitely think it's awesome that I can post entries to my blog using my texting service, but I only get 200 texts per month so it might be a good idea to be conservitive with that.

One thing that has been really bothering me is the corruption I've been seeing in the world recently. I know I've said this before, and I'm pretty much continuously bothered by it, but I'm anxious about it today. Everyday I hear something on the radio, see something on the news, or read something on my web homepage about someone dying at the hand of another person. The news is about rapes, murders, arsons, frauds, corruption in the government, greed, bigotry, racism, sexism, pirates, kidnappings... and the list goes on!

Even now my dad is watching something about conspiracy theories about 9-11. I don't want to believe the planes hitting the world trade center was an inside job, but with the corruption I've been seeing in the government and in the world it's not so hard to believe that anymore.

I hate shows like TMZ that promote gossip, and I hate the way they tear people down and make fun of them. I hate advertisements like the ones I posted previously. I hate the current persception of beauty and body image. I hate that I'm seeing the people I care most about buying into the lies of the world.

Satan has certainly wreaked havok on this world and everyone in it. Admittedly, I am discouraged, but it makes me cling all the more to the truth of God, and the promise of His Kingdom. It also gives me a greater sense of urgency to tell people about God and His Kingdom. I want to know God more, I want others to know Him. I want people to develop a true passion for God's Kingdom.

So many people don't understand. So many people don't know. I feel like Jesus looking at the ccrowds and weeping over them because the people were lost, like sheep without a shepherd.

No comments: