Saturday, April 2, 2011

A better future

Last night I had a dream. It's been quite a while since I woke up, so the dream is no longer fresh in my mind, infact, it's starting to get really fuzzy, but it seemed so profound to me when I woke up.
It started as a dream within a dream...  I was dreaming about dreaming of a battle with the enemy (Satan). The battle seemed to me somewhat like a Harry Potter wand duel or something, and I was losing. When I awoke in the dream I ran to this room, and I recruited some people with the utmost urgency to help me battle the enemy. They came, but they were not immediately with me in battle, I think perhaps they were praying. But the battle scene was the same as it was in the dream within a dream, and when it began this time I came in with a fierceness, declaring boldly something to the effect of 'the Power of Christ is in me' and other statements, and even quoting scripture.  I was winning the battle.
I woke up before the dream could conclude, but I spent a long time thinking about it.

Last night I also had a glimse of a future that seemed much brighter than the present.  I don't always love living at home with my parents. In fact, my sanity is often screaming for change, but I really think if I can stick it out for a little longer, I know I can get a lot of bills paid off... but last night I realized that I am now in a position where I will not only be able to pay off my smaller bills that I wanted to start with, but I can also pay off the rest of what I owe to Bethel College and pay for the credit hours to take one or two classes either online, or during the day or an internship or Saturday Seminar or something. I would even be able to afford the gas money to go back and forth once or twice a week (depending on how high gas prices get after summer)

I don't know what I will do yet. but the furture does not seem hopeless and that makes me pretty happy. I'm going to have options now that weren't available to me before. I'm going to have to work extremely hard from now on, but I'm willing to work hard.

No comments: