Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Books and Blogposts

I went to the Library today and I picked up four books:

The Ragamuffin Gospel (Visual Edition) by Brennan Manning
Velvet Elvis By Rob Bell
Provocative Faith by Matthew Paul Turner
And Jesus in the Margins by Rick McKinley

I'm reading The Ragamuffin Gospel first, but I'm excited about reading all the books. I would love to make time to write about what I'm reading in the books, a commentary, sort ot. . I actually sat down and had a hard time deciding which to read first, so I read the introductions or authors notes to all of them. Finally I picked the one whose intro related most to what I've been thinking about lately. But how I choose my books isn't interesting, so I'll move on.

I have this thing on my blogs that tells me stats about it, and I find it interesting to see what people are putting into google search. People have found my blog by looking for the names of my friends whose blogs I've linked.

But by far, my blog has shown the most searches for variations of "sumbit to one another".
(this is what is yielded from my blog: http://itsmyworld-liveit.blogspot.com/2008/07/submit-yourselves-to-one-another.html )
Do people actually read and take interest in what I have to say?

In some ways I'm concerned that I get a hit on my blog for this topic nearly every day. I wonder what it is they are looking for and why they are looking for something that says to submit to one another. Is it men trying to provide Biblical proof that women are inferior and must submit to mans will? NO! I hope that in reading the blogpost, they understand that submission is mutual and done on the basis of love out of reverence for Christ and not will, power, might, or right.

No comments: