Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Cows do NOT come from California

It's true, and this is why:
1. The air is filled with smog. Gross.
2. California has been breaking out with fires because it is so dry, which leads me to the next point.
3. Practically the entire state is on a water freeze.
4. The grass is dry and brittle.
5. It is sooooooooo hot here.
6. They often have to stand on steep hills.
7. I saw one field that the cows were living in their own filth.
and
8. I have yet to see one cow that is singing.

All jokes aside, my tour with Camfel Productions has pretty much officially started. I will be traveling through Northern California for the next few days and be doing shows, then over the course of the next few weeks I will be in Washington and Montana, I think.

I have been reflecting on what God has been doing in my life since I've been here.

The bus ride up was not pleasant, but I had great opportunities to show God's love. Giving fruitsnacks to a mother whose children are hungry, giving someone who was thirsty a botle of water, letting someone borrow my cell phone because his battery was dead. Multitudes of conversations... I think I may take the bus back home just because of the way I now see that God was moving then.

I also had my parents throw away everything that I didn't take with me on tour. (pretty much everything I own) So I'm finally getting rid of possessions... Like Jesus told the rich young ruler to do.

You know what, I just thought of this.. I remember writing a blog a year or two ago where I expressed a desire to get rid of everything I own and live free and travel for Jesus.... It might have been a person journal entry.... Either way, I want to find it because I find it ironic that I'm doing that now and I want to see exactly what I said. I feel that that journal entry might have been slightly prophetic.


Anyway. It's getting really late and I need to get to some sleep.

No comments: