Thursday, March 31, 2011

So irritated about this...

I'm getting tired of getting comments from people I work with who make me feel bad about getting a second job (well, third if you count kidstop and the club art room as two separate jobs). But Seriously. I never thought anyone could make me feel bad about having two(or three) jobs until this week. 
When Opportunity Enterprises called me to let me know they were going to hire me, I was happy.  Was I excited?  To be honest, no, not really. The thought of having a second(or third) job did not exactly thrill me, but I didn't dread it either.
 But if you say that you are not excited, or that you think this might be the least excited you've ever been, everyone seems to assume that automatically means you dread it to the core of your soul.  So of course, the person who hears this is a huge gossip and the next thing I know, I'm hearing that people are talking about it.  But not only are they talking about it, they are talking very judgementally about it. 

So this week as I've gone to work, how many comments did I recieve about getting another job?  Too many.
I mean seriously, whose business is it that I have another job, and why make comments like "What kind of bills do you have that you need another job?"   or "Why get another job if you don't think you'll like it?"

Really? I mean really? First of all, I never said I wouldn't like it, I only said I wasn't excited about it. Second, even if I didn't think I would like the job, life is not a pleasant box of chocolates where all things unpleasant can be avoided at all times. Sometimes you have to do things in life that you may not want to do in order to simply get by.

I think I must live a life that people can not imagine or comprehend.  Just tonight my parents were joking with a friend of theirs that little house on the prairie's got nothing on their kids.

To me, this is life. Working hard is a part of my life and I accept it. Making sacrifices is a part of my life, and I accept it.

And I have to admit it really pisses me off when I feel like people are looking down on me because working hard and making sacrifices are a part of my life... like I'm less than other people because I haven't grown up with the same priveliges or that I'm making some sort of stupid decision.

I think the thing that bothers me in addition to the comments right now is the gossip. I haven't had a problem with gossip with the actual club, but in the Kidstop Unit, it's like being in high school again.  Ugh. Get a life people and stay out of mine.

No comments: