Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Give it all to Jesus

Well, today seemed like it was just an incredibly busy day for me. I dont know how it seemed so busy when I didn't have anything to do until 11am. Oh wait! That's right, Christine called me at 7am and asked me if I wanted to go to breakfast. I said yeah and I got up and showered, went to the DC, ate, came back here, spent some times reading my Bible, praying, and thinking about all the wonders of theology and God's universe. Then Christine called me again saying that she locked her keys in her car and she wanted to know if she could come hang out at my house for a little while, so she did, and we talked about some of the things I was thinking about, then some things she was thinking about. Then I had to go to my Bowling class. My Bowling class was a blast, even though all we really did was take roll. The Bowling professor is hilarious! Let's just say this, he was so fun that calling roll took half an hour by itself. So we got to leave early and I went to find Christine and met up with her in the bookstore. I bought a few more supplies, some Bethel pens, and the book Wild At Heart. Then the two of us went to lunch at Sufficient Grounds, then I waited for Christine's Dad to show up with her spare set of keys since Christine was supposed to be in a class when he would get here. But she showed up right when he was about to leave so I just gave her the keys then and she took her dad to her house so he could see it. Then I came back to my room and finalized some homework I had to get done, went to the computer lab... saw Justin. I was planning to give Justin a copy of Wild At Heart as a kind of surprise gift, and it was supposed to be anonymous, but seeing that he is off campus this year, and not knowing how to get it to him, I just gave him the book in the computer lab. I told him that it was supposed to be anonymous, but I didn't know how to get it to him, and he was like, "Oh, you could just leave it somewhere around campus and it would get to me." Somehow I doubt that, but yeah... I really wish I could have given it to him without him knowing it was me. Anyway... We are also thinking that we may want to have lunch instead of dinner so we can share about our summers. So then I finally got my paper printed off (there was a problem with the printers, I'm glad I showed up at 15 till) and I went to my class 'Effective Teaching in Youth Ministry.' Of all the classes I take this fall, I am sure that this class is going to be one of the most essential... perhaps also even in my college career. After that class I visited my advisor, Brother Tim, I got the drop/add form, he signed it, then I went and visited Dr. Beals. We talked and he wrote up a letter to get me into his NT Lit class even though it was full. So that was accomplished. I came back to my room. I did something on my computer. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm sure it was important. By this time it was about 5pm I went to our Student Caller meeting, worked until about 6pm, came back to the House, had dinner with my SLE Family, went back to work at 7pm, made a bunch of calls. I had some really good calls too, some of thepeople were really friendly and we were having some good 5 and 10 minute conversations, some were probably more like 15 or 20 minutes. I worked 3 1/2 hours and made a total of 25 calls. I'm a little nervous about that. I didn't space off or anything, I just made calls, and I was trying to make them quickly, but I still didn't make more than 25. I did spend a lot of time with several long calls, so I hope that they notice that, because 25 calls in 3 hours is just not good. Anyway, I did have 8 completed calls though, probably more because I talked to some parents, but I didn't put them down as parent calls. After work I went straight to my audition for Pride and Prejudice. I was so nervous, I calmed myself down a little with breathing and went in and auditioned. Overall, it wasn't a bad audition, I think, but I did forget my lines a few times. Auhhhggg. But it's okay, they gave me some good comments. They liked my inflection and pauses. Then they asked me to do it without an accent and to put more energy into it. I tried... not sure how I did, but I forgot the words again. Well, we'll see what happens. I hope to have at least a call back. That would be nice. It would be a 100 percent total blessing from God if I get the part of Mrs. Bennet. I hope I do, but God's will be done. I trust Him, even if it means this is not the time for me to be in a musical. But I still hope it is. So I came back to the house, changed into my pj's because I was really super sweaty. I had to cool off. And well.... here I am.
Wow, I had a really busy day today. I didn't even realize how busy it was. Too add to everything, I totally just added another class for MWF... Perhaps I should have just gone with 13.5credit hours because I added more homework. I'm a little nervous about my Saturday Seminar because there is so much more to it that I expected. I'm sure that I will be able to get it all done (God willing, yay). And it's spread out over time, so it's not bad, it's just overwhelming to look at it all at once. So I've decided not to try to get a job on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If I'm going to try to be in the play it would just be better for me to leave that open to do stuff I need to get done. Well, that is my update, I'm sure it's pretty long.
Okay... breathe.... life is good.

Amanda

No comments: