Saturday, September 15, 2007

Life is Interesting

Well, Bethel just went through our Spiritual Emphasis Week. It's strange because it seems like it just came so early this year. For the first time in my college career... I skipped night chapel during Spiritual Emphasis Week. I am such a heathen. :-) I went through several emotions doing this. First, I went on Monday night and was quite honestly... bored. So I had no desire to go the next night so Christine, Naomi and I went to the Dollar Theatre Tuesday night and saw Evan Almighty, which is a wonderful movie, I highly recommend it. But it has a lot of religion based inside jokes, so if you're not familiar with that the movie will probably just be stupid to you and in that case I don't recommend it. It was a little strange, it felt wrong, and liberating to skip that chapel (by the way, no, I'm not required to attend evening Chapels). So Wednesday night, I didn't go again but instead hung out with Christine, and the same for Thursday Night, and there is no evening Chapel on Friday after Spiritual Emphasis Week. It felt great all week not to go to Chapel, to not do something out of duty. However, on Friday I kept feeling like I had missed some great things and wished I had gone. But this was a good experience because going to night sessions had become a legalistic thing for me that I really needed to break. Besides, I can always download the chapel sessions from Bethels website. Anyway, I feel good about not going because it broke down a part of me that had become legalistic, but also because now I feel that when we have other evening chapel sessions for our special weeks, I will be going because I want to hear what God has to say and not out of a sense of duty. It's those little things that make life interesting. By the way, I also didn't go to Prayer Watch, I stayed in my room and studied the book of Romans.

I've had my share of ups and downs this week; no better or worse than anyone else. It's just life. My interest has a girlfriend. He's really happy about her, and I would hate to interfere with that, not that I would, but I don't want to do anything accidentally, so I'm going to back off. It's probably better that I back off anyway. A guy should have to fight for my heart, and if one actually does (in my condition) then I know that he just might be worthy of me. Right?
In other news, Ive had some annoyances with some people here... but those thoughts are reserved for me to work out in my private, handwritten journal. It's nothing terrible anyway.
Did I mention that my phone broke? Well, it finished breaking to the point that I can't really use it. The sound went out for some reason. Bummer. Im ready for a new cell phone that I can actually use, but I need a hefty paycheck before that will happen. I have a lot of expenses to take care of with my first few paychecks.

Well, That's going to have to be all for an update because I have a few things I would like to do. Hopefully I'll be able to update this thing a few times a week instead of once a week.

Amanda

No comments: