Thursday, May 29, 2008

I despise sarcasm. Sarcasm is degrading. When has it ever been used in a way that isn't belittling or offensive? Even when that is not the users intent, that is what happens. Even if it's not recieved that way, that is what happens. It's the very definition of sarcasm!!!


Why is it that I must have a 'bad box' to not like sarcasm, to feel that it's degrading? Why mock me? Honestly, why? I can take a joke and I love jokes, I don't mind being teased somtimes, but mocking me is not funny!

Or why say that words are just words? What do you want from me when you say that? Are you implying that words are all I have? Are you trying to tell me that you see me as all talk and no action?

I realized a long, long time ago that words by themselves are insufficient, but I also know that words are not without meaning. Everything that is came in to being by spoken word.

James 2:17 says that 'faith without works is dead', but I tell you that works without faith is meaningless. I think the same is true of words. Neither are meant to stand alone.

If a person says he loves me, but does not act with love toward me, I wouldn't believe him. If that same person acted with love toward me, but never said "I love you", I would be confused.
I can lead by example and help out at Project Valpo, but if I never invite people to join me, how would they ever know that I wanted them too?

I can serve others and hand out drinks at Project Valpo, but without words how would the people who ask, "what are you doing this for?" know that we do it because God loves them?

The Bible is a book of words, but those words hold life, and truth, and meaning, conviction, freedom, hope, instruction, purpose, and love. Without the words of the Bible, how would I have known what Jesus did for us?

So what do you mean when you say words are just words? What is your purpose? What do you want, what do you expect? Because I don't know what your words mean.

No comments: