Sunday, May 18, 2008

I wear short sleeves to support my right to bare arms. hehe

So I was reminded subtly today that I actually have a blog, so now I want to write in it. I don't know if anyone reads it anymore since I stopped posting for .... 3 months? What shall I do? Bare my heart to the world hoping some random person I don't even know will stop by to read my drama and make me feel oh so much better about myself because I'm an attention whore? Ha, not likely.

Should I be watching the way I write in my blog lest I lose my credability? Am I being too cynical? Obstinate? Ornery? Facetious? ooh no.... Sarcastic? Yes, I despise sarcasm. No I'm not being sarcastic. I really don't like it (at least when you use it when speaking to an actual person). I think what I don't like is that if you use sarcasm in speaking to an actual person, I feel like you're saying, "You're an idiot and I'm going to make fun of you for it now." I don't like to be belittled, or to see others belittled.

Ephesians 4:29 says "let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

I guess this is an area that I'm not doing too well in. How often are the things that I say uplifting or beneficial to others? Being ornery and facetious, playing devils advocate(sorry Naomi), just simply having a negative response to something... Sounds more like I'm being a jerk than loving people like I'm supposed to.

Can you imagine what this world would be like if the words that came out of everyone's mouths were always positive and uplifting 100 percent of the time?
that reminds me of something... check this out: http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/

Eh, That's all.

No comments: