Friday, May 23, 2008

This song is so overused at weddings... but it's still a beautiful song. Okay... So I'm a hopeless romantic. :-)

(this video gets a little weird)


Today was kind of blah, but only in the sense that I felt yucky and tired. Other than that I feel quite content...

And then I pick up Irresistable Revolution again and my heart begins to race and I get butterflies in my stomach and feel a sense of urgency and longing flood through me. I want to be a revolutionary or as Shane Claiborne puts it, an ordinary radical. I don't want rewards or recognition or anything. I just want to see the world change.

As I'm reading through this book, I also get this incredible sense of peace that overwhelms me (overwhelming peace, HA, seems an oxymoron statement.)

I don't know. It's like every question, every thought that I have ever had in regards to this topic, he addresses in the book.
I keep thinking about when Naomi, Laura and I would walk up and down Michigan street on Friday nights and hand out sandwiches from the acorn to homeless people. The people we'd meet....they were beautiful children of the king... it was so God ordained! Why did I stop going? Oh right... SLE met for one of our dinners on Fridays. SLE was fun, and it was a group of people committed to social jusctice, but I wish it wouldn't have taken the place of giving food to homeless people.

*sigh*

I meet some beautiful people when I go for walks:
Erica, who tried to carry a case of bottled water on her head...
the lady who walks her dog up and down nickelplate...
Bob, who goes to the methodist church and thinks Shane Claiborne is a modern day prophet...
the woman with the beautiful flowers in front of her house and huge backyard that her grandkids play in, she's so friendly...
the woman who lives next to the railroad tracks and likes to drink beer (God bless her, her life doesn't seem easy)...

I see God in all of them. They're beautiful.

No comments: