Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Secret Message of Jesus

I just finished reading The Secret Message of Jesus by Brian McLaren... I don't know what to say about it.   I was fascinated, and challenged.  It was truly a challenging read for me. I felt tension, there was... collision.   I've been processing the book as I've been reading it. That's why it's taken me a few weeks to get through it, but I'm still trying to process it, trying to sort it out... It's not a new message, but I have a new understanding of it. It's a mystery unveiled

I've been finding myself rethinking a lot of things; The Kingdom, ministry, my own relationship with God and my role in the kingdom, who I am, who I want to be... gosh, there's so much and it was so overwhelming. I felt like I was going mad these past few weeks!

And then there's a moment of clarity. I don't know that I'm seeing everything yet, or even that I'm seeing what I am seeing as I should, but for the moment, the tension is gone and I have peace.  I don't feel confused or frustrated... I'm actually kind of excited.  I'm excited that the Kingdom of God is not just a future hope, but a present reality and I have the option to be a part of it.  I want to be a part of it. 

I spent some time talking with my mom about what I've been reading and is intrigued.  She put The Secret Message of Jesus on her reading list. 

No comments: