Monday, July 28, 2008

What would Jesus buy?

So I watched this film, and while I agree that consumerism is a major problem in our country, I wonder if there's a better, more effective way to get the message across. Some of the things 'Reverend' Billy says and does show that he is definitely doing it in the name of Jesus, but I wonder if the way it is being done is something Jesus would support. I don't know. The message is all about consumerism and stopping consumerism, but there's really a bigger pictures, and while they touch on that a little, the end in itself seems to be: stop shopping, stop consumerism, the end. It's kind of sad because I see them doing more to hurt the name of Christ than they are helping it. It just feels like he's making a mockery of the name of Jesus by doing things the way he is doing them. But maybe I'm wrong.

No comments: