Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here at Bethel...

Okay, where do I begin?

I'm here. I woke up bright and early (8:30, ha! that's not really early) and we were hoping to be able to leave by 9am, but that didn't happen for some reason. We left at about 10am, so I probably could have gone to the church today. But it's okay, Pete and Frank prayed for me on Sunday.

I got to Bethel just after noon (Eastern time), unpacked (hardly at all) went to lunch at 1pm, ate with my RD, talked with her about the summer (all the amazing God moments), went back to the room, unpacked more (almost there), went to the registrar's office (they spelled my name wrong on my grad. app.), went to the book store, bought books and supplies (phew, that's done), came back to my room, unpacked a little more (only thing left now is my clothes), put away my books and supplies, made my bed, went to dinner, ate with Nat and Gia, talked with Matt and Jamie about starting a study on The Tangible Kingdom, came to the computer lab, got my homework for next Tuesday (since there's no class tomorrow because Dr. Linhart is out of town) and here I am, blogging and talking to Martin online.

It's weird being here. I'm seeing a ton of people that I know, but most of them aren't my friends, they're just acquaintances.

I am indeed in a room by myself. It's weird though because the way the house I'm living in is set up like an apartment, but all the rooms share a kitchen, laundry room, toilet, etc. So I'm downstairs in the basement, and there are two rooms, a bedroom and a study room... I have it all to myself. I'm sure it will be great for a while, but I forsee it becoming rather lonely.

Although, there is a girl who is moving in Thursday, Neisha, I met her today, and she might move into the room downstairs with me rather than go upstairs like she was assigned (the RD already said that would be fine if that's what we wanted to do) so we'll see what happens.

Well, my body is achy so I'm out.

No comments: