Saturday, August 9, 2008

I've been reading through Colossians for the past few weeks. It's a short letter, so I've been through it several times (sometimes even several times in one day. It intrigues me), but I can't seem to get away from it. I'm having trouble... moving on. It's not that it's hard to understand, because it's not. It's very straight forward. But everytime I go through it, I find something else that sticks out to me... or I'm hit by the same truth again. I guess I'll just keep going through it until it's permeated through me.

I love this description of Christ:


We look at this Son
.....and see the God who cannot be seen.
We look at this Son
.....and see God's original purpose in everything created.
Christ is the one through whom God created
.....everything in heaven and earth.
He made the things we can see and the things we can't see
.....kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities.
Everything has been created through him and for him.
He is before all things,
.....and in him all things hold together.
For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,
.....and by him God reconciled everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
.....by means of his blood on the cross.
.
Colossians 1:15-20 (mixed translations)

No comments: