Friday, August 15, 2008

Where is He taking me?

What do you say when your mind is reeling with thoughts? What's most important? What really matters?

I found out today that both of the people I was planning to room with this fall are not returning to Bethel.

The funny thing is that I'm not in the least bit stressed out or bothered by that. I'm actually... quite amused. I've had thoughts about not returning to Bethel myself, so it's funny to me that both of the people I was intending on rooming with have made the decision not to return.

So here I am again, face to face with the decision: Do I return to Bethel or not? I feel like I'm sort of sitting in default mode. The plan is to return to Bethel unless I recieve clear direction from God not to go back. But I almost feel like I still have to make the decision to either return or not, as though saying "I will return to Bethel unless..." isn't really a decision to go back. I don't know if that makes sense or not.
I've just... I'm not worried about it, at least not on a grand level. I think there's more of a curiosity. If I don't go back, what new and exciting direction will God take me?

I don't regret the past four years because I don't think I would be where I am now without them. But I also know I can't stay where I am now. It's the constant movement of my life and relationship with God. Where is He taking me? We'll see.

No comments: