Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Not too much going on

Well, my weeks are considerably less busy.... Not that they were terribly busy to begin with. I just have very little going on. I go back to Bethel in 21 days. I can't wait to go back, yet I'm bidding my time to stay here, fearful that it will be gone too soon. I love my family, but they're not the reason I want to stay. Life Bridge has just been an incredible church. This summer I've actually looked forward to going to church, sleeping in does not sound better than going. I am actually motivated to go every Sunday, and I love being at the church. During the school year last year I often skipped church to sleep in, well, in the end I was going to house church pretty consistently, but I still had to make myself get up and go. and that's why I'm bidding my time to stay.
I can't wait to go back to Bethel because I want to see my friends, I want to learn something, I want to participate in SLE, I want to work my jobs that I have lined up, I want to visit chapel, I want to have class with.. :-) ...you know who, etc etc... but also because I'd like to sleep in a room that keeps my dry when it rains at night. When it rains, it quite literally rains inside my room. Last night I discovered that I don't have enough buckets to catch all the rain.
Dad tried to patch my roof, but it just started leaking again. The roof needs to be redone, but we don 't have the money, Besides, if anyone stands on our roof, it might just cave in on them. I'd hate to imagine if for some reason a house inspector had to inspect our house. He'd probably condemn it and then my whole family would be homeless. I hate it when it rains, and I don't get much sleep, but I'm gone most of the year, I'd rather just put up with the rain and leaking for a little while than make a big deal of it to anyone.

I wish I could combine Bethel and Life Bridge, two parts of my life that I love.

No comments: