Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Well, here I am

Well, I am here. It was a bit of a rough ride to get here though. We left before 10am and didn't get here until about 4pm. My dad checked everything out on the van to make sure everything would run smoothly and get us there and back without leaving us stranded. Everything checked out okay, but one part looked burnt up so my parents used our emergency credit card (since we are virtually broke right now) and bought the part and replaced it. Then we went on our way. The van was working really great, better than it had been before we replaced the part until we got about half way to Bethel, then it just pooped out. We pulled over a few times so dad could check things out and try a few different things to see if the van would do better. At one point we pulled into the parking lot of a church and I joked to my dad that we should get people in the church to lay hands on our van and pray for it. We were there for a few minutes and my mom went in to the church to use the restroom. She told the people inside that we were going to drop me off at college and our van just broke down, so when my mom came back out, two ladies did too. Then, ironically, they laid their hands on the van and prayed for it. I was really amused by it. :-) And then they prayed for me, and one of the ladies percieved in her Spirit that I was supposed to work with Youth. So that was this major confirmation on my decision to change my major to Youth Ministry!
So my family and I climbed back into our van and left, the vehicle still didn't work properly, however, it did work, which was a major plus. The van wouldn't go more than 40 miles an hour. We would climb the hills at 5 miles an hour and top out going down hill at 40 miles an hour. Then there was a lot of clanking noise and the smell of something burning, so we pulled over in this rest stop and my dad was checking things out and we finally decided to call my Aunt to come and get me and my mom and take me up to Bethel while my dad stayed with the van to see if he could find the problem. Around 4pm we finally arrived and got me all moved in. By this time I was pretty stressed, and not in the best mood.
Not too long after my mom and aunt left I went out to dinner with Christine and Doug. Came back, then spent the rest of the day with my new roommate, Sonia. By the way, Sonia is awesome! Finally at 12:30 last night I went to bed, slept wonderfully, but woke up at 7:30 so I got up and went to breakfast, then spend the day running errands.
I was able to change my classes, but I have to get permission from the instructor to get into one of them. I also bought my books, had telecounseling training, went to Sufficient Grounds, had breakfast with some friends (not in that order, haha) and it's been a pretty productive day. KatyJoy moved in today, so now I have two roommates and I adore them both!
My room is huge!!!!!! I am not kidding or exagerating in the least bit. This house is so big! Maybe I'll add pictures later if I can get my camera to work for me again.
Well. I need to get to bed so this is goodnight.
Amanda

No comments: