Saturday, August 4, 2007

Just a quick update

So yesterday, Right out of the blue, Christine called me and asked me if I wanted to go to the beach. So we went swimming last night, after it was dark. I've never been swimming in the light of the moon at the beach, so naturally I had a blast. Then Kym called me this afternoon. My phone died and I had to recharge it, but I really appreciated the phone call. And Stephanie asked for a phone date sometime soon. It is so nice for friendships not to be one-sided!
It's kind of funny. When we are at our lonliest, when it seems like people have stopped caring, it's then that people remember you. I don't know if any of them knew about my last blog, but it's ironic that after two weeks of feeling so low, and after venting a little, suddenly there was a response. Strange how things works out, huh?
I went to the Wednesday night meeting at Church, learned about another connection power ministry. I didn't sign up for it though. I wanted to think on it since I don't have the same computer access that I had before. Then Thursday I went to the worship arts meeting. I just observed, I didn't sing or anything, but I love the way the lifebridge band sounded. Why don't they sound that way on Sunday mornings?

I made some baby booties, mittens, and a hat for Brandy's baby. For those of you who don't know, Brandy is my cousin and one of my best friends, and is expecting her second child, a little girl, at the end of this month. The babies name is going to be October Serenity. It's a unique name no doubt.
Im also still working on making hats for the less fortunate. I have six hats, and three more started. I work on three or projects at one time so I don't get bored. I'm hoping to have 12 to 15 done before i go back to Bethel.

I am beyond ready to go back to Bethel. I'm excited for my new classes, for the new living situation, for my senior year (i won't be graduating just yet) for my jobs, for chapel, for a chance to make things better than they were the previous 3 years (don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the past three years... expect for the end of last year, that wasn't much fun), for the incoming freshman, for some secret project idea's i've been formulating, for the fall break camping trip if it works out and so much more.

Ah... the fall break camping trip. Christine and I had an idea for a camping trip over fall break.. that is if there is anywhere to camp in October.

Well, that's all the update for now, I need to do some research.

Amanda

No comments: