Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jesus doesn't hug me...

Sometimes I think I have a sad existence. I've been really lonely all summer and I feel like I've reached the point that it's at its worst. I feel like my friends have all forgotten me. I try to be such a good friend. I call them, leave messages for them on facebook, write them letters, pray for them...and I'm lucky if one of them calls me back or replies to my messages and letters. If they can't even bring themselves to respond to my efforts, I sincerely doubt that they're praying for me. And I'm not talking about my casual friends.. These are the people I would call my best friends. Sad, huh?
For once I would like one of my friends to call me out of the blue and ask how I'm doing. For once I would like my friends to remember me without me having to promt them first, But I guess for that to happen, they would first have to respond to me when I try to contact them. It's easy to have friends during the school year, but when summer comes, everyone is concerned with their own. I may as well accept right now that the people I get to know in college will slowly drift away... just like they did in high school, and throught out my life the friends that I have will only be my friends for the moment. Then *POOF* the moment's gone... and I am reduced to this... loneliness, wondering why I wasn't good enough to remember.

Why?

Amanda

No comments: