Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update on me

Well, first off, I'm making this blog as a way of communicating what's going on in my life without having to type repeated emails and notes to all my friends.
I am unemployed. No one wants to hire someone who will just be here for the summer. Yeah. They're bums.
Incase you didn't know, I have found a new church to attend, LifeBridge Christain Church. I found the church while still at Bethel using google earth and then I looked it up at it's website online,
www.imaginelifedifferently.com. It sounded like an amazing church, my only fear was that the teaching would be watered down. I visited the church in May and I loved it. The teaching is very much "spiritual milk", but no, it is not watered down. I found a lot of opportunities to serve in the church, and once I was sure this church was where God wanted me this summer, I volunteered to help out with the youth group. The youth minister, Josh (who is both young and attractive and I want to set Stephanie Joy up with him), was glad to allow me to help, but as a precaution, I am required to take a few classes at LifeBridge before I am allowed to teach or anything. There is a Scripture in the book of Matthew that says anyone who leads a little child astray may as well tie a millstone around his neck and throw himself in the river, so they require us to take these classes, Finding my fit, Kickstarting my walk, Continuing my Walk, and one other class that they have not explained much to me but it's supposed to be a class that people have to go through before they can becomes deacons. So for the past few weeks Ive been taking the required classes. This Sunday will be my last day for the 'continuing my walk' class.
'Finding my fit' was focused on discovering our spiritual gifts and how God has wired us to serve him. It was pretty much an amazing class that altered the course of my life. The drama team has recruited me since then, and Ive also had the opportunity to serve dinner to the hilltop community in my town.
I've been going to youth group, though I have not done any sort of teaching or leading or anything. I just get to hang out with the teens. I really love the teens that are there. They are a blast to be around. Right now only about ten teens show up during the summer, but the group that is there is an amazing group. And they are the strangest group of students I've ever known. Just last Sunday one of the guys was saying that girls always smell good. Then he leaned over and smelled me. You have to smile at that. Allso this past Sunday Josh started putting together small groups and asked me if I would like to take part in one. I think I will.
In less than two weeks the Porter County Fair will take place and I inquired about helping out. I never knew that in the past few years (LifeBridge is a relatively young church) that the church I attend was responsible for the Booths that gave away free water at the Fair and ran the trolleys and stuff. Well, I have volunteered to work at the LifeBridge booth, but not just working at it, I will be a booth leader for two days, and maybe another one if I don't get burned out from the day that will be a 12 hour day. From what I understand, the woman I talked to, Tammy, who scheduled my day, had talked with Josh and he had good things to say about me, so Josh and I will be working together and recruiting the youth group to help out. I'll get more information from Josh on either Wednesday or Sunday.
Also, I may have employment for 8 to 10 days working with the fair guiding people to parking spaces.

Well, thats all for update now look for future updates in a few days or next week.

Amanda

No comments: