Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wow, what a week!

Well, I've had quite a week this week. Last Friday was my last day running a booth at the fair and I'm pretty sure that the day was excellent. We finally didn't run out of prizes. Infact, we actually had to start just handing them out to people as they passed by. I suppose my system worked really well. Thanks be to Jesus.
Josh was being ornery (that doesn't look like it's spelled right) on Friday. He was doing the trolley work and I gave him his tshirt because Tammy had told me that she wanted to get as much use out of the t-shirt as she possibly could for the rest of the fair. Well, when Josh left without the shirt, I thought maybe he had forgotten it. So the next time the trolley came around I had Pete's son, whose name is also Josh but I am going to refer to him as Joshie for journaling sake, take Josh the t-shirt and have him tell Josh that Tammy wanted us to wear them today. So Joshie did and came back and when the trolley began to roll away again Josh not only refused to wear his t-shirt, but he decided to basically take glory in the fact that he was being rebellious. So I played along with the game and kept bugging him, through messages from other people, to put on his lifebridge shirt. And I told others to give him a hard time. It was quite fun. He makes me smile. :-)
Angi was supposed to come help out at the fair on Friday and she never showed up. I just figured she wasn't able to get a ride there, and didn't worry about it. Today I found out that she's a bit epileptic and had a seisure on Friday. Poor girl. I'm glad she's okay. I really like Angi a lot.
Yesterday I recieved a God-kiss. For those of you who don't know what a God-kiss is, it's when God does something for you or gives you something you want without you asking for him to and not because you were obedient so anything specific, but just because he loves you and is romancing your heart. Anyway. All week I have been telling my brothers to win me a fish at the fair, and neither of them would because they claim they suck at the game. So I thought, well, i'll win myself a fish because I've never failed to get one yet, but I didn't have the money and I didn't want to ask my brothers to give me any money, so I conceded that I would just not win a fish this year and well, that's life, it's not a big deal. Well, anyway, yesterday Eric and Emily (my younger brother and his girlfriend) came home and handed me a bag of fish. I was like "aw, you won me a fish!" and Eric said he hadn't, but that when he and Emily had come back to Emily's car there was a coupon for a fish on her windshield. (the game gives out coupons so when people win a fish they can just come and get it later instead of carrying it around all day.) So they took the coupon and went back into the fair grounds and grabbed me a fish. Yay. I haven't decided on a name yet, but I'm considering him to be Sir Poopalot the second. At least my other fish has a friend now.
Amped tonight was the same as usual, but there weren't a lot of people. I, once again, get to ask the students the questions about "what do you think about this quote" and the entire rest of the page. I don't mind doing it, but I would like a chance to look over what I'm doing before I have to do it, even if I was only given a small heads up of ten minutes where I could look at it, consider it, and think about what it means for myself without being distracted before I have to explain it (i have to explain it a lot, and tonight I was just really off the ball because I needed a lot of help. Thank God I'm not having to help with a small group all by myself)
Anyway, thats the quick jist of everything.

Amanda

No comments: