Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update Anyway

I know in my last entry, I said I wouldn't write if there was Amped tonight, but I got home soon enough that I am able to get onlin and do a short update.

Mostly I was inspired to write because I finished reading Battle Cry For A Generation and I was really inspired by it. I don't think I've felt so passionately desparate for youth in a really really long time. I brought my copy to Amped and I told Josh if he wanted to read it I would lend him my copy. He took it. I'm really glad that he's going to read it.

You know... it was actually kind of humbling to read that book because I realized that there really is more I can do to help Josh, and the reason I don't feel like I'm really there helping is because I act more like a student than someone trying to volunteer to help out. I also feel bad now for being annoyed with him the other day. So anyway, I asked Josh a couple of questions.
I asked him why he got involved in youth ministry.
I asked him what kind of support he gets from: Pete, the church body, parents, and college age students.
I don't think I asked him what kind of support he would like from them.. oh well. I asked what kind financial support was available to him, what he would do if he had no supportive or financial restrictions, how I can pray for him, and how I can serve him better.

I think he was really honest with me, and I really appreciated that more than I can express. I also got to see a little bit into his heart and now my heart cries and bleeds for the youth and childrens ministries at LifeBridge.
One of the things that Josh told me when I asked about finances is that he has no funding for his minstry and the stuff he's brought into it he payed for out of his own pocket. I just can't believe that! That is something that I would really like to do something about. I wish I could give him funding of some sort for the two ministries, but I'm not in any financial situation where I can. I think that's one of the things I will pray about.
I firmly believe that Josh could do some really amazing things if he had a few more resources.

Well, I didn't want this to be too long of an update, so I'm signing off for now.

Amanda

No comments: