Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Classes and Weird Dreams and such

I got an email today from Bethel saying that one of the classes I was signed up for is cancelled so they removed it from my schedule and it put me under 12 credit hours so I needed to add another class in order to be considered a full time student. I was a little dissapointed, the class was Rhetoric of Racial Reconcilation. I wonder if there just wasn't enough student interest for it. Anyway, I checked for more classes I could take and I emailed my advisor to seek if I could add Senior Experience (with Dr. Bob!) and British Lit to my schedule, that would put me at 15 credit hours. I hope they're both approved.

So, I had an incredibly weird dream last night. It's been a couple of hours since I've actually thought about the dream, so I can't remember it in it's fullest detail, but here's a bit of an overview. I remember being at my house for some of the dream, pushing Christine's car and I crash it into a police car that is randomly parked in front of my house, then I somehow find out that a cousin of mine is dead and I asked when this happened and people were like "over a year ago Amanda, where have you been?" But I know my cousin is still alive.
Then I remember being at the bottom of a sand dune with some people from Life Bridge and I'm trying to climb up this sand dune and get out but I keep slipping and sand keeps falling on top of me because the sand dune is pretty much vertical, but then I changed my stance and the way I was trying to get out and I made it.
Then I was at Life Bridge and the students I went to youth group with while I was at Washington Church were there as well as students from Amped, and we were all waiting for Josh to show up because we were going to do small groups, but the people who I used to be in small groups with split up from the group we were in because they wanted to make their own small group, then Josh shows up and he takes charge of the small group that is left which consists of me and two other people. So we sit down and begin talking and Josh mentions that he is divorced has a 3 year old daughter named Erin. I'm pretty confident though that he isn't divorced and doesn't have a 3 year old daughter, I think.
And then I woke up because my dad was emptying buckets (because my room leaks and the buckets were full)

It looks like there are four major events in this dream and each element bothered me in some way, perhaps addressing apprehension.

I don't drive but when I'm not even driving a car, simply pushing it, I hit a police car. Apprehension regarding driving? Yes Sir.
I find out that a cousin of mine is dead and has been for a year. I don't like not being told important things, so maybe that's what it was dealing with, being out of the loop on really really important things.
Failing to be able to climb out of a sand dune and being buried under mounds of sand when I try, apprehension, fear of failure, fear that I'm drowning underneath everything I'm trying to accomplish, feeling like I'm doing the impossible tasks and being buried under the weight of them. But changing my tactics got me out, so maybe there's also a lesson in that one.
And finally, the youth minister at my church being divorced having a three year old daughter whom no one knew about until just then... you know what, I don't even know... maybe I do know, but that's for me to know. AGGGGHHHHH!!!

Surprises, expectations, fears, you think you know a person. Why would I dream this?

I was really agitated when I woke up because of the dream. What a confusing mess.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm going to try to block the dream out of my mind and maybe go to sleep, now that it's 5 am. Heh. I think I'm going to allow myself to sleep until noon today.

No comments: